9 months ago I was completely content with being 26 and having no degree or no “real job” (according to my friends and family) because I was finally making a living doing something I love as a self-employed Home Organizer/Decorator. I thought it was my 20th and my last job I’d ever have. Of course, because I’m a military wifey, no such promise exists. If there’s anything living this nomad lifestyle so to speak has taught me, it’s that new places mean new opportunities. In this case, moving to Europe has led me to the world of blogging! Harp Deco has reconnected me with my long-lost love for writing, it’s allowed me a way to talk about my love for all things home non-stop without boring the hell out of the person next to me, and it has introduced me to a huge realm of inspirational bloggers!
This week I received a message from Elaine Russell, creator of Passion and Pajamas, nominating Harp Deco with the new blogger Liebster Award 2017! First, I have to give a huge shout out to thank Elaine for taking the time out to show some love and support! After receiving her message I of course, did some creeping and have to say, I highly recommend her blog as well. Elaine’s blog is filled with ton of content that we probably all need to read! She writes about various self-help topics from goal planning to self motivating in addition to in-depth book reviews for any book worms out there.
Per Liebster Award rules which you can read about at Global Aussie I’m now supposed to list 10 random facts about myself, answer a few questions Elaine has written up for me, and then pass it along to 5-10 of my own favorite new bloggers. Here I go….
10 Random Facts About Me:
- I have lived in 6 states and 2 countries but my “hometown” is Washington D.C.
- My favorite season is fall.
- My favorite animals are Orangutans.
- My favorite colors are black, white, gray, gold, and neon green!
- I. Love. Ramen.
- I’m only 5’1″ 1/2, yes… I’m claiming that 1/2 inch.
- My whole life I dreamed of being a singer but I’m terrified of anyone hearing me sing.
- My second dream was to be Olivia Benson.
- I failed gym class twice in high school.
- I can cartwheel in stilettos
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Malaysia or Indonesia, to hang with the Orangutans!
2. Name one thing you’ve learned on your blogging journey.
Not everyone around you is your prospective audience. Don’t cater to their style always cater to your own. This way, you’ll build the type of audience you’ll love the most.
3. Is there a book you’ve read many times? If so, which one is it and why do you love it?
I love getting lost in a book but it’s been a long time since I’ve been able to shut out the world and sit down with a book. I’ll have to update you on this one!
4. How do you manage to live a balanced life?
I don’t. I drive on E until my car stops and then I go to bed and do it all over again the next day.
5. What’s on your playlist?
Everything from R&B, Indie, and the Beatles.
My favorite favorite up-and-coming bloggers you must follow:
Questions for my nominees:
1. What’s your favorite song of all time?
2. What are your top 3 favorite places to visit?
3. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
4. If you could change one bad habit what would it be?
5. What inspires your creativity?